Friday, January 9, 2015

Cone 502 Racing - About and History

Welcome to the new blog for Cone 502 Racing!

HISTORY:
   Cone 502 Racing was founded after the 2013 SCCA Solo Nationals in Lincoln Nebraska.  The name originates from the incessant destruction of cone #502 on Sam Strano's East Course at the 2013 SCCA Solo Nationals by me, Chris Jepsen, driver of the #23 STX Mustang.  In total I had five runs on the east course due to downed cones and timing errors and when it was all said and done, on each of my 3 counted runs, I hit ONE cone and it was always cone #502.  Hence, the name was born.

ABOUT:
   So why the hooplah?  I found that while my blog outlining the details of the #23 STX Mustang Build attracted some attention, I found that maintaining the blog and several forum posts became laborious as various forums restrict word count and image count.  I've also found myself examining parts, in depth, on those forums and felt a singular place to express my opinions about the parts I've tested would be beneficial.  Of course that goal does not fit 100% into the build thread for a car that is no longer in STX (is not in STU) and has evolved from the semi-serious into a serious build.  My goal for this page is to not only outline the details of the now #23 STU 2009 Mustang GT build but to talk about my driving experiences and car setup experiences on a variety of Mustang platforms!

Without further ado!  Welcome to Cone 502 Racing's new blog, hang around and enjoy the reading!
~Chris Jepsen

No comments:

Post a Comment